Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yawn

I have no idea what to post this morning. I'm sitting here with my big ol' cup of coffee trying to make sense of my muddled thoughts. I'm pretty sure I might have gotten some decent sleep last night except for the small fact of dogs and daughter.

Jordon, bless his buttons, is 13 years old and apparently even though I let him outside prior to my 10pm bedtime by12:30 it was abundantly clear that he didn't do all things a dog should do while outside. For some reason, he didn't feel the need to wake me (I'm a light sleeper - it takes nothing to wake me). So - up I got to clean up a lovely mess. (Dakota, is this when I mention this is the 2nd time in a week? Once on your weekend and now last night. *sigh*)

Then it was back to bed - only the dogs had already taken over MY bed. I really don't like dogs sleeping on the bed. I moved them over and made a bit of room for myself and went back to sleep. (Have I mentioned I'm not really that much of a dog person?)

At 2:30 I was summoned by the girl child who was clearly upset. She wanted to know if Dakota had already left to which I replied "Yes honey - hours ago. It's the middle of the night." She burst into tears and said "But I wasn't asleep yet!" "Ummm...ok but you see honey, you were. You've been asleep for hours and hours." "No I wasn't and she promised not to go until I was asleep." Tears and more tears.

Then she asked for a stuffed animal that Dakota had hugged and filled with "Mama Love" Sunday night. I sighed deeply and went to locate it in the toy bin.

I crawled in next to her thinking I would wait until she fell back to sleep and then I would return to my dog infested bed. Only....I fell asleep.

Fear not though - at 4:00 Maddie bounded into the room because well....I think she is used to me getting up about that so it only made sense in her little doggy brain that it was outside time and breakfast time.

Seriously?

I pulled myself from Kaylen's bed and let Maddie outside. Then I made her get back on the bed to lay down because I wanted to snooze some more. Except.........then my mind was awake and spinning. All bets for sleeping were off.

So yes, while I got some sleep it was broken into bits and pieces. Some nights are like that, I guess.

If you're looking for me - I'll be slugging back some coffee. It's going to be a long day. (Half day for Kelton and this morning the repair guy is coming for the dryer. In there, I want to run a quick(ish) errand.)

Have a good day, everyone!

2 comments:

Dakota said...

Sorry about the child and dog drama. None of this is easy....

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job. Really. It can't be easy. Big hug to you all.