Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crazy Thinking

Last night was a tough one for me. I didn't anticipate the emotional roller coaster ride I would take inside my own head. After such a great weekend, I wonder where it all came from. It didn't hit me all at once, it kind of snuck up on me. One thought lead to another and then another and even though I kept telling myself to knock it off I just couldn't turn it off. I tried thinking of other things...silly non-sensical things like pond pumps...and I even tried distracting myself by watching Sunday's episode of Brothers and Sisters. But alas, not much quieted the crazy in my head.

Logically I know everything will be fine. Better than fine. I do. I know it. I know that everything has a way of working out.

I guess it's true what "they" say. Healing and learning to trust again, wondering if, someday down the road when someone really got to know me, if they would still want to love me and all that jazz isn't a straight line from the depths of despair to the top of the mountain. It's full of "four steps forward and two steps back".

I had a couple friends I spent some time texting with and they helped. And where I am this morning? This morning I am left with a "Crazy Thinking Hangover". Mostly, I'm sure, because all my crazy thinking really didn't do much for getting quality sleep.

But everything looks better in the light of day, right? And the sun will be up in about three hours.

No comments: