Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Clearing Out

I'm slowly but surely starting to clear stuff out. Yesterday there was a "stuff swap" at my moms club so the kids I went through the garage and various toy bins and collected a bunch of stuff to take it. It was nice to be taking stuff *out* of the house instead of loading stuff *in*. (Though Kaylen did talk me into one small doll and 2 books because...well..you know, we only have a million books and a few thousand dolls.)

The garage is full of crap...errr...I mean stuff....that needs to be sorted through and taken care of. Dakota's law books are out there as are various boxes of bar review material. Wonder if there is a good place that she can sell textbooks and materials?

The toys are overwhelming out there. What child needs four large doll houses? Apparently mine. We seem to acquire them as we go. Just recently a friend of mine gave her a princess castle doll house and that sucker is HUGE! I have a lot of the big toys out there because I can't stand to have so much stuff in the house.

I guess in a weird sort of way, it will be good to have two houses that they will go between because goodness knows we have enough stuff to split between the places.

It's daunting to think about but I'm trying to do it piece by piece. That's pretty much how I'm doing everything these days.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Well, there is a little girl over here that would LOVE a doll house. So, when you're ready to part with one, let me know.

Casey said...

Kaylen thinks that's a great idea! She is already making plans on which dollhouse (it folds up which is great!) she can give her and we'll go through the various doll house stuff and see what we can pull together.

Yay! Win win! :)

Mary-Pat said...

Have a big garage sale this spring! We do it yearly, and I let Aaliyah keep the money from her stuff that sells (it motivates her to clean out). But it sounds like that might be too much money for your kids, from the description of the garage! You could give them a percentage, though. (Or not--my friends think I'm crazy. BUT, I'd rather her get rid of 4 boxes of crap, and then buy one American Girl with the money, which she has done).
There is nothing as freeing as freeing yourself of STUFF!

:-) MP