Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Growing Taller

Kaylen is growing like a weed. A few months ago I went to a consignment shop and bought a few dresses that (I thought) would see her through the winter. Ummm...yeah. Not so much. I prefer dresses knee length (or a little longer) because there is less change of her underwear showing when she plays. Well - that and I don't enjoy dressing her like a hoochy-mama. :)

But now her dresses are all getting to be above her knees. I swear it happened overnight. There is no denying it - she is growing taller day by day. I guess it will soon be time to hit the consignment shop again to see if I can find longer dresses since it's not likely that this girl will put on a pair of Hudson jeans anytime soon.

She is still very much anti-pants. *sigh*

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Have you thought about putting shorts under her dresses? My granddaughter (3yrs old) is in preschool and if they wear a dress to school they HAVE to wear shorts under the dresses....just a thought so you wouldn't see her panties.....:o)

Casey said...

She has sensory issues when it comes to pants - I am doing great to get the girl in underwear so I don't see that as happening. Two layers would toss her over the edge.

We may have to have an IEP on file for her if it comes to it. :)

Tracey said...

What size dresses did you get? We have the same issues with Adrienne, she's so tall her rump shows even if the dress fits everywhere else. TALL girls!

Casey said...

Tracey,
She is wearing 5's. 6 is too big everywhere but length. I never thought length would be an issue since she was so short in her earlier years. :)

Gandksmom said...

Casey - tell me what she will wear. I have a bunch of stuff that I was/am going to e-bay but if there is stuff in there that she will wear, I will send them your way. You know my e-mail addy. Drop me a line when you can. I think I have some Hanna's in there along with Mini Boden and some custom stuff. I know I have some dresses in there. But give me a detailed list of what she likes and I will go through it and see what I have.

Tracey said...

Casey, my girl is in 5's and 6's for dresses too, it's crazy!!

Kerry said...

Same here Casey I have a few winter dresses from years ago from my daughter that are in great shape and they are definitely for cooler/cold days, I would not mind sending them out to you. If they are big I know she will grow.

Email me heyker_68@yahoo.com