Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


Dakota and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife this afternoon at the "cheap seat" theater. I've been wanting to see this moving since it first came out back in August but hey - better late than never. :)

I loved it. Really loved it!

We have the book and Dakota has read it but I never made it too far into it. I'm not sure why but short attention span comes to mind. :) I now really want to read it (never mind that I have two books going already). It has been on my mind since we left the theater - I have so many questions. We went out and got a bite to eat after the show and we talked and talked and talked about it. We compared it to The Lake House which is another one of those time traveling type movies which we loved so much we bought it a few years back. So any guesses what we are going to do now that the kids are sleeping? Oh yeah - we're going to pop in the The Lake House and watch it.

Gotta love the movies that make you think...and I love the possibility that things like that could actually happen.

Two thumbs up! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED the book, havent seen the movie yet, but plan on doing that at some point... AND I LOVE the Lake House! Jeri

Unknown said...

I truly loved this book, and the movie, which unlike My Sister's Keeper, was true to the writer's intentions. It was really fascinating to consider the what ifs of time travel.

Froggymama said...

LOVED this book!