Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday

So - with the game plan being taking better care of my own needs and wants and putting myself first I bought myself something. :)

I have always wanted a pair of real Crocs. The knock-off pair that I have cost next to nothing from Payless Shoe Source about three years ago. I don't wear them often - running outside to get the mail, taking the trash out, taking Kelton to the bus stop some days....not often but I do love how easy they are to slip on and off and how easy they are to toss in the wash if necessary. Over time, the soles have lost their (less than stellar to start with) traction and lately that has gotten downright dangerous when going from wet to dry situations (such as taking out the trash and then coming back in through the garage. I slide like I am navigating my way across ice.

I would probably put up with it for a longer stretch of time as I half-heartedly looked for another cheap knock-off pair from someplace like WalMart but you know what? I deserve better than that! I pulled up the Croc website and took a little shopping trip. I found a pair I think look like fun and then I hit the order button.

A real pair of Crocs. The kids have had real Crocs for years now and it's about high time I treat myself in the same manner I take care of everyone else.

I cannot wait for them to get here!!



(I know some of you have strong feelings about Crocs but I love them and that is all that matters. So there. *Ppppppptttttttthhhhhhhhh* :P)

10 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Good foryou!

Audra said...

Awesome!! I love my crocs, they're so comfy!

Anonymous said...

I will say that those are not the ugliest crocs I have seen. And good for you! This was an important step forward in your plan to put yourself first.

Stella said...

You go, girl! Crocs are da bomb! (Did you see the Croc boots??)

Unknown said...

I LOVE Crocs!

Mimi said...

I think Crocs are the ugliest shoes ever......HOWEVER I have two pairs and I love them....yes I do sooo comfy......enjoy

Stacey said...

way to go! we do need to treat ourselves better, i agree.

those don't look bad. i don't like crocs for everyday wear (my wife does) but i agree, they are awesome for short trips outside.

Tanya said...

Those are cute and you do deserve to do for yourself!

Kristen said...

I think the problem with crocs is that people were wearing what essentially looked like garden clogs to places like the office. They fall in the same category as sneakers for me- casual afterwork or weekend shoes. Which is when I wear my mary-jane style crocs. Though someone mentioned croc boots? Hm, can't picture it- prolly really ugly but oh so comfy!

RMcIntyre said...

I live in Canada and have a pair of WINTER crocs. Fuzzy lining that snaps out for washing...perfect for running to the store or quick trips elsewhere. I love just slipping them on and away I go, as long as I dont have 3 feet of snow. Yours are very nice too!

Ruth North of the Border