Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saturday

We were out of the house today. Did you read that and really appreciate it? We. Were. Out. Of. The. House! For the first time in 5 plus days (excluding two trips to the doctors office which really don't count in my opinion) we loaded everyone into the car and left the house.

It was divine!

In the midst of the kids being sick I swear I can't see my way clear of ever being *out* of the land of Tylenol, Motrin, medicine cups, tissues, thermometers and whatnot so it was almost like a long awaited Christmas gift to leave the house and venture out into public.

We had to be mindful though as we knew Kelton's immune system was still recovering so we didn't stay out long. A quick trip to the Clackamas Target for Dakota and the kids and a quick(er) trip to Toys R Us for me. Tis the season and all and there was something perfect for the boy in the sales flyer (and the sale ended at 1pm Saturday). After running my top secret errand, I went back to Target to pick up the family. They had gone under the guise of looking for birthday gift ideas for me as well as picking up something to keep them quiet while we got lunch at Stanfords. Dakota has told the kids we were going someplace special as a way of saying Thank You to me for taking such good care of them the past two weeks but really? It was because we had a gift card and we knew it wouldn't cost much there. That's what we call a Win-Win. :)

From the time I arrived at Target to meet them and then return to the car to dive across the (large) parking lot to Stanfords the sky had opened up and was dumping gallons of rain on us. It was actually kind of fun but boy were we wet when we arrived at the restaurant.

We had a great lunch - Kelton and I split the adult macaroni and cheese and much to my delight, Kelton loved it as much as I did! (I knew I would - I've had it before but this was the first time we've taken the kids there.) I'm telling you - it is AWESOME!!

After lunch we headed back home and Kelton, who was very tired from his three hour outing, caught a quick cat nap on the drive.

After we arrived home and took care of all the things that need tending upon walking into the house, Dakota and I changed into comfy jammies and hung out watching original episodes of 90210 while the kids entertained themselves by playing games together on the computer. After we had a bit of downtime, the kids entertained us with dances they made up - complete with costumes!

All in all, it was a great day! :)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed that you're already holiday gift shopping. Glad you had a good Saturday. Lunch out is one of the best things! Those Martinis looked divine, by the way.