Monday, November 02, 2009

Bringing It All Up To Speed

It's 11:46am. Let me rephrase that: It's *only* 11:46am. It's been a weird morning but then I find that to be true of any day when there is a child in the house who is not feeling well. The hours go on f.o.r.e.v.e.r. but I'm never really sure why it feels that way.

It's quiet, too. Which is weird when my two children are in the same house. It's rarely ever quiet when they are together. Right now? Not a noise beyond the strains of a television show can be heard. It's just....so quiet.

I'll take advantage of that though and post a few pumpkin carving photos. Since we were all sick last week we didn't get around to carving until Saturday afternoon. It worked out well though and gave the kids something to do while they waited for the magical hour of Trick or Treating.




And a few stand alones of my favorites:



2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love them all, especially the really long one. Be glad you waited till Saturday, J insisted on carving (or starting to) carve his last Sunday and by Friday it was already rotting. Lovely.

Kristen said...

Why does that tall one look so sad?

Audrey and I smashed ours today into the garden compost. I think she had more fun doing that than the initial carving.