Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Preschool Diva

Today was the first day of Kaylen's 6 week preschool program through the early childhood development classes as the local high school. To say she was excited is an understatement.

She showered at 6:30am, dressed in the outfit that yesterday she picked out for herself, ate a good breakfast, brushed her hair and brushed her teeth and was ready to go by 7:30am. She even had me make her lunch. The only problem was - her school day didn't start until 11:45am. :)

This school year there is only one session of preschool so they have extended it from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours and it runs in the afternoon instead of at 8:30 in the morning. They get to eat lunch at school and even have PE class. Kaylen is thrilled and her excitement makes me a little sad for her because I know she would LOVE to attend a school year long preschool a few times a week. Kelton was never ready for something like that but I know she would love it. Of course, when Kelton was in preschool they were many, many affordable ones out there. Now? Not so much. At least, not for us. Which really isn't that big of a deal since we knew from the get go that we weren't big on preschool. But of course, that was before they changed kindergarten to being all academically-based and way before they changed to the wacky full day 2x a week and every other Wednesday schedule.

Anyway - I digress. This is about Kaylen and how thrilled she was today.

Finally the hour arrived and we headed out the door. She was quite clear that she wanted her first day of school pictures too (just like Kelton back in September). So without further delay, I present Little Miss Sass on her first day of preschool.

Tell me you can't see the sass in this girl! :) Dang I love her spunky little self.



Cute, right? :)

12 comments:

Caroline said...

She is soo cute. I love that first picture of her. Didn't she go to this school last year?? I remember a picture of her in front of that same sign, but she was a lot smaller.

Casey said...

Yes. She went to the same program last spring. :) Kelton went to the same program when he was 4. I should dig up the photos and post them. :)

Audra said...

My goodness! She looks adorable!

Mimi said...

My granddaugher (age 3) started preschool this september and she LOVES it....she goes every Tuesday and Thursday and then next year she will go monday wednesday and friday.....Papaw picks her up every Thursday and HE loves it....she tells him all about her day....and I think it's good for the kids to be around other children...yah for for your little one......and Casey you enjoy your time also even to just take a bubble bath ENJOY your time....you deserve it!

Lynilu said...

"Little Thunder" is such an appropriate place for your little piece of a storm, isn't it? She looks just adorable and so confident!!

Anonymous said...

was that a hand-me-down from you know who? Because, either way, I definitely see the attitude. Good luck with that!
-L

Casey said...

Lannon: The dress? No - that one isn't a hand-me-down from the Diva of All Time. :) But I think the attitude is. :)

Unknown said...

Great photos. She does indeed have some sass. Love the outfit! That's so great you've enrolled her again; our little ones need time to feel grown up and important! Jennifer signed Alana up for the similar program through her elementary. I gotta remember this next year for Darien!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that outfit is really cute. If she's like that now, you are really in trouble when she's a teen.

Kristen said...

Audrey loves her preschool. I wish it was possible for you guys cuz I know Kaylen would love it too. At least she'll get these 6 weeks. There isn't another session after? What about a parks and rec program?

Casey said...

Kristen: No other session this year. They changed the format for the high school schedule and in the spring they are geting actual experience in a child care center. I looked at the Parks and Rec on however it runs int he afternoon and finishes for the day 5 minutes before Kelton's bus arrives at the house. Getting from there to here in less than 5 minutes isn't possible. I'll keep looking. In January I hope to be able to sign her back into her beloved gymnastics class.

Tanya said...

She's so darn grown up! Was Kelton this grown up at this age? Might any of the local elementary schools offer preschool? I know we have a few options through the public school system as well as though the city that last through the school year. But I had to search to find these. You might even qualify for a Headstart type program.