Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I don't know why exactly but when the 13th falls on Friday I feel this sense of impending doom. Nothing bad has really happened to me on a Friday the 13th but it still feels eerie.

I know some people have turned the table and view it as a lucky day but try as I might, it just doesn't play that way for me. I just can't shake the feeling and am relieved when Saturday the 14th arrives.

Today is a rainy, rainy day which is made even more dramatic by the fact that the back gutter is clogged with leaves which is causing the water to cascade over the side near the sliding glass door. It feels very wintery today and because of that I decided to wear my penguin stacked in a Christmas tree shape shirt today. I'm sure people will look at me sideways but what do I care? I love this shirt and rarely get to wear it so despite having it for three years, it still looks brand new. What the heck - I start wearing my Old Navy orange pumpkin shirt mid September so really? What's the difference? I do believe we could all use some holiday cheer so.....you're welcome! I'm glad I could add some cheer to your day (yes - even if that means you are smiling because you think I'm ridiculous. At least I made you smile.). :)

Speaking of holiday cheer, I have started Christmas shopping for the kids. Kaylen, as always, is easy. Anything pink, purple and girly is a go for her. In fact, I think I have almost everything for her (or are waiting delivery). Kelton is more challenging this year. He doesn't have a big "want" list. Special colored pens (check), a Color Wonder Magic Light Brush (check), a Pokemon coloring pad thing and a Bakugan school supply set (both are on clearance for $6 each at Toys R Us...I just need to get back there and grab them). I still need to pin him down on a Santa Wish. And then there are the stockings.....easy enough really. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, various small art supplies, a little candy and probably a book or two.

I even have almost all of the cousin gifts already. The little kids (ages 4 and below) are done. It's just the three older ones I need to figure out.

I do appreciate that so many stores are having amazing sales going on earlier than Black Friday. It makes it so much easier to spread out the cost of the holiday (and seriously? If you need gifts keep an eye on the game sales. I cannot believe how, if you watch carefully, you can get games for under $6.) Personally speaking, I think games make GREAT gifts.

I'm rambling. A lot. I guess that's what happens when you may a pledge to blog every day for a month. :)

Happy Friday, everyone.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I saw a commercial the other day for a thing where you can make your own crayons and I thought of Kelton. Is that something he would enjoy?

Lielanie said...

I love the blog every day for a month, I'm going to try it too! You are an awesome blogger, always inspiring!

Casey said...

Caroline: Is that the one by Crayola where you ut in the broken crayons and it makes crazy swirling ones? I saw that a couple years ago and really wanted it for him - I'm still tempted though really I think I'd be getting it for me. :) He has said he wants science-type kits...I better get to looking.

Lielanie: Thanks. :) (Though I'm not sure I am but still.....thanks for saying it.)