Monday, November 23, 2009

New Clothes.....well...not really. :)


I have been having a clothing crisis lately. A crisis as in I have nothing I want to wear. Nothing I feel good about wearing. I'm so tired of the mommy uniform (jeans and a t-shirt) I have worn for most of the past 7.5 years. I find I am struggling against a lot of things that have been defining my life for 7.5 years so I guess it's no surprise that clothes would be included in that. Luckily enough, I have lost enough weight that clothes I haven't taken off a hanger in 4+ years are starting to fit - and rather nicely too, I might add. :)

It's almost like having new clothes. Almost.

And I kind of want to go shopping. I never enjoy clothes shopping but it actually sounds kind of fun right now. I'm sure once I stand in front of a mirror in a fitting room that feeling will evaporate but for now, I like thinking about it. :)

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Shopping for clothes is less painful when you feel better about your body. Sounds like you are there. Good for you!

Kristen said...

Sometimes I like shopping, sometimes I don't. I'd suggest NOT going when you are PMSing or have AF. Those are always the worst times for me. And when you start feeling crappy about shopping, go home. Otherwise you just end up more frustrated and feeling even worse. Oh, and leave the kids at home. :)
I went shopping last weekend and actually had a good time, got some good deals and went home happy. You could always go crazy and go on black friday. Eek!

Kristen said...

Oh, and you can always go home after the trying on part and look online. They often have better deals and free shipping. Plus then you get the added excitement of getting something in the mail!

Tina said...

Sounds like you need some Kohls therapy! Call me and we'll go shopping, I'm pretty darn good at it!!