Thursday, November 05, 2009

Fever Land

We are still firmly ensconced in the land of fever. I think Kelton is reaching his limit on how much his body can take and still keep going at his regular pace of frenzied activities. I left the kids in the care of Dakota this morning to I could attend the IEP meeting for Kelton's speech therapy and then have an hour to myself. When I met up with them I heard tales of doing arts and crafts and playing games on the Wii. Ever since arriving home though Kelton has been curled up in a lump on the couch. I think he is hitting his wall.

(Look where I went! Ok - I was only there for about 15 minutes before I went to run a few errands but still....)



His fever? Oh yeah - still there and hanging out at 100.5 this morning. That is higher than it was yesterday morning at the same time. *sigh*

You gotta feel for him. This has to be so hard on his little 7 year old body.

We were able to get Kaylen in her for first of two H1N1 immunizations. Because it won't hurt them to get the shot if they have already had H1N1 and because without testing there is no way to know for sure if that is what she had two weeks ago, we opted to have her immunized. I know people come down on both sides of the debate on whether to do it or not (and I admit I went back and forth lately) but in the end, we decided it was worth it for us. She'll need her second dose the first week of December. Hopefully, when Kelton is finally well, there will be vaccine available for him.

And on that note, I will leave you with some really great photos I took in the backyard yesterday.


I hope you are enjoying the splendor of autumn!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty pics. I'm glad you were able to get in for a vaccination for Kaylen. I'm wanting to get the girls done, but man, if the supply is this low, who's gonna have THREE just for my kids? I'll have to hope for now the bug stays away. I'm glad Kelton's fever's come down, even if it's just a little. And YEAH for Starbucks. What a mood booster that place is - every time!