Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ho Ho Ho

A little early, you say? Well yes, that may very well be however that did not stop me from scheduling an appointment for the kids to visit Santa. Now that Kelton is in school, the only time to get them in for Santa pictures would be with the throngs of people also only available when school is not in session...and I don't so much enjoy standing in line, or waiting an hour past an appointment time, with rowdy, Christmas-crazed children. Not to mention that I had no idea how Kaylen would react.

Let's wander back through her Santa experiences, shall we?

Her first year, she was 9 months old. The look on her face is "what the heck?" from when Dakota plopped her on Santa's lap and bolted from the photo. Seconds later she erupted into screams so loud that people stopped their shopping to stare. They took a second photo but clearly it wasn't the one they sent. :)

Her second year, she was 21 months old. This pictures says it all. Not a fan of the guy in red.

Her third year, she was two and a half. We were filling out the forms and the kids were coloring with their cousins while we waited. Suddenly, Santa walked into the room. Kaylen let out a scream and started crying hysterically. The team was great and worked Santa into the photo without Kaylen even knowing he was there. You should have seen her face when they handed us the photo. Priceless.

So - this year I wasn't sure what to expect. When I mentioned it a few weeks ago she bit her lip, her eyes filled up and she said she didn't want to see him. I was calm and acted like it didn't matter to me but told her that this year she was older and she probably would be much more brave than ever before. We dropped it and never spoke of it again until yesterday when I made the appointment for today. She was completely fine with it.

This morning she came up with her gift request: a pink and purple scooter.

This afternoon we went to the Picture People and here is what we walked out with:


(Look closely at Kelton's top teeth. That one is so loose!!)

Love this one! Are they good actors or what? :)

Awwww! Sweet!!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

YAY KAYLEN!! I am so proud of her, and the pictures are precious!!!

A Jersey Girl said...

What great pictures!

Lielanie said...

Your blog is too funny.. Alexa is the same way with Santa (I wish I had a scanner for her pics but I don't..)

What a great way to recount the years, and the photos of her smiling along with santa really just show you how much shes changed..

Adorable.

Audra said...

oh those photos are cute! And the new ones! My word, I just want to eat all that cuteness up!

Mimi said...

KAYLEN did it......good for her...and I LOVE the second picture they are sooo good....

Ree said...

Awesome photos!! I didn't know 'The Picture People' did photos w/Santa!! I'll have to look into this!!

Tanya said...

How cute! Great pics. We try to get to the mall when they open so the line isn't too long and so far it's been the same santa both times which is nice.

Unknown said...

Those turned out so great. And I loved looking back on Kaylen's previous years. Gotta love those toddler reactions!

Stacey said...

love them!!! those pictures are great!

and it's funny because riley's pictures last year were the same ages as kaylen's first pictures and she had the same reactions.

Sheri said...

I didn't know that PP did Santa photos ... or do you have a connection with the Big Guy that we don't know about? (hee-hee) The photos are wonderful. They make a nice series.

Julie said...

So cute!!!

Monogram Queen said...

AWESOME! They are VERY good actors. Seriously!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

I just made my appointment for a Santa pic. She recommended taking the girls' pajamas; like it's Christmas morning I guess. Did you do that? Did you see anyone else doing that?