Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Jaren

World.....this is baby Jaren.

He was born to my dear, sweet and amazing friend, Mel, on Saturday. I was lucky enough to get to see and hold him when he was about eight teeny tiny hours old.

What is it about a new baby? They smell so delicious and those little sounds they make break my heart into a trillion tiny pieces. I just held and held and held him. (Lucky for me Jeri, who went with me to meet Jaren, found him very, very warm against her so I got to hog him for a long while. Yay me! (Sorry Jeri - but Yay me! *grin*) I remember when my two were this small (well..not *this* small...mine weighed in at 9lbs each....) and oh how it makes me want to go back to those days.



After we left the hospital and I was driving home, I passed a Subway franchise and realized that would have been a perfect gift for the new mommy. Who doesn't want real food while they are in the hospital? I remember Dakota's sister brought us burgers, fries and milkshakes after Kelton was born and it was the best food EVER. After having a baby - you need to have good food.

But alas, I will still have my chance to being the new mommy food. I signed up to be one of her Helping Hands meals. So while it won't be the yummy sub sandwich it might have been, it will still be good. :)

Congratulations, Mel and family and a huge WELCOME TO THE WORLD, JAREN!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! Baby Jaren, soooo sweet and sooooo little! Cant wait to hold him some more! Jeri

Jen said...

He's so cute and perfect-looking! Sigh...

Perrin said...

Aww...he looks so cute.

Unknown said...

Glad someone got in for a visit! I'm afraid of newborns. Seriously. Even my own. I hope Mel is feeling better by now, poor thing.

Monogram Queen said...

Awww you're such a good friend and Welcome Sweet Sweet Baby Boy!