Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Keeping Busy as My Mind Settles

I am completely wiped out. It's been a long few months around here and emotions have been running high. Last night was the icing on the cake and I expected to be riding the high for days. However, as it turns out, I think I have "election let-down". It's like that feeling you have on your birthday or Christmas was the excitement is high but then - suddenly, it's over. And you are left standing there amidst all the wrapping with this amazing gift and yet - also this sadness that it's over. Election day has come and gone and I could not be happier with the results for the country and for my state but still - it's such an odd feeling to be done with that part of it.

I'm left standing here saying "Now what? Now what do I blog about? Where is the new data on the poll sites that I've been checking many times a day?" Oh there will be more in the days, weeks, months and years ahead but for now - I feel a little hung over. :)

So what's a girl to do? Get together with her BFF's for some girl-talk and scrapping. I put together three pages though I do want to go back to the one of Kelton in his goggles to add some journaling. He was so cute last Saturday when we went out to rake leaves. It was a very windy day so both he and Kaylen wore their swimming goggles to keep "nature" from flying in their eyes. So, so cute! :)

I think the pages turned out pretty cute. But then, we all know I'm biased. :)

Credit: Stuffed by Shawna Clingerman, Libby Weifenbach & Melissa Bennett
Credit: Sometimes Called Falling In Love by Shawna Clingerman


Credit: Pink Elephants and All That by Shawna Clingerman

10 comments:

Audra said...

I love your pages so much!! I want to make the switch to digital scrapbooking so much, but I have SO many prints laying around that I had printed for scrapbooking. Not to mention the TON of papers, embellishments, and whatnot :/

What do you use to make your pages?

Unknown said...

I LOVE your Pretty in Pink one. I don't remember even seeing that one of Kaylen. What a totally girlie pose! Great job on all the pages. Do you have a lap top for travel scrapping now?

Unknown said...

Jealous... you got three done, and I got ZERO... They really did turn out great! Jeri

Mimi said...

I am going to have to try to do the digital scrapbooking because I just love it soooooo much.....you know I'll be showing you some pictures!

A Jersey Girl said...

Casey,
What scrapbooking program do you use and is it hard?

Emily

Casey said...

Audra: Thanks! :) I use PhotoShop Elements (version 4, I think. Oh how I'd like the recent version but this one works.) I love digi scrapping because it's totally portable and easy to store. :)

Nikki: Thanks! She is something, isn't she? And yes, I have a laptop. We got it as a back up for Dakota a couple years ago when her school laptop had to be sent in for repair. It mostly sits in the closet but it sure is handy for taking places. :)

Jeri: Yes - but it's a great page and it will be completely done once you use the glue. :)

Mimi: Excellent!

Emily: I use PhotoShop Elements and I thought it was tricky to learn but once I got the hang of it, I can pop a page out pretty quickly. They have great books to help you learn the program.

Kristen said...

What wonderful pages! Course you have excellent subjects to scrap about.

Tanya said...

Very cute. Did you make that dress? It's so cute.

Casey said...

Kristen: Thank you! I think they are pretty cute, too. :)

Tanya: Hahahahahahahahaha!!! That is sooo cute how you think I can sew something like a dress. :) Actually, my brother and his fiance gave that to her for her 3rd birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh these pages are SOOOOO cute!!! :)