Thursday, November 06, 2008

Wish List Mania

Kaylen has been working on her Christmas Wish List for a couple months now. She started seeing a million commercials for toys that she wanted so I explained Wish Lists. We add things to the (mental) list I have going for her many, many times a day.

The other day I said that her list was quite long now.

So what has she done? She's decided that things are now going on her birthday Wish List.

Now, instead of hearing "Come see this! I want to add it to my Wish List!" I hear "Come see this! I have something to add to my birthday Wish List!"

Oy.

Studing her catalogs. I toss all that arrive in a basket and the kids are free to go through them as they wish. I love the memories I have from when I was little of going page by page through the Sears Wish Book. I hope they will have the same fond memories.

Circling her wishes.



(ps...keep reading to learn about Kaylen's first day in gymnastics!)

7 comments:

Audra said...

I remember doing the same thing with the big Toys R Us book!

Unknown said...

Adorable. My first catalog memories are of JC Pennys. I think it was one of the most magical things about Christmas, was doing my own shopping LOL.

Mimi said...

Casey, are you sitting down??? I am DONE with my christmas shopping...yep I am.....I can't stand all of the crazy people out shopping... I make sure that I am always done by Thanksgiving...I am one of thoes people who shop all year....My husband has already put together all of the toys than god we have a basement that the grand kids don't go.

Elizabeth said...

I have very fond memories of circling toys in the Sears wish book too. I'm trying to devlope this same tradition with my 4 year old grandson and as they grow my other grandkids.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I used to do the same thing! "circling wishes"
I never did that with Gracie but I bet she's doing it now. What fun!

Froggymama said...

I too have such fond memories of doing that. Although I do remember my mom saying, "Ya know if you circle EVERYTHING, there isn't much of a point."

Jilliebean said...

I LOOOOOVED the Sears Wishbook, and the JC Pennys book as well! My son could care less, but my daughter will sit for ever and look! And I watch LOTS of commercials too and even get dragged over to the computer to look something up.

Christmas rocks. I can't wait till it gets here!