Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Santa's Little Helper

Yesterday I had big plans. I was going to take Kaylen in for her flu shot, which she had been unable to get previously, and then go to a make-up gymnastics class (her regular class is Thursday but being Thanksgiving, we had to reschedule). I was looking forward to having her flu shot done so I could take it off my To Do list.

The best laid plans and all.

Pediatric flu shots are still not available through Kaiser. Apparently they are back ordered from the manufacturer but to help kids get vaccinated, they have the nasal mist spray for the toddler set. Fine and dandy except the list is side effects is enough to scare off even a pro-vaccine mom like myself. And then there is the little fact that Kaylen is not eligible for the mist because she had croup last month and a child who has been that sick, or has had any wheezing in the year prior, is not able to have the mist.

Fine by me because...did I mention the list of side effects? No thanks.

So anyway - we went to the nurse treatment room, waited in a long line and was turned away. "Come back next week and we might have it it."

We were done there and it was too early for gymnastics but not enough time to go home. I have been wanting to go to TJ Maxx for a while as I hear people talking about it all the time. I've never been so figured today would be a good chance to check it out since it was close to the gym. I didn't find anything for me (which was my goal) but I did find a really great Christmas dress for Kaylen and BONUS! it came with a matching doll dress....and all for the low price of $12!

From there we went to gymnastics (which the girl is in love with! It is so much fun to watch her and she is so jazzed while she is there and still jazzed for hours after. Definitely the right move for her.) and then home. She was barely in the front door before she found her doll, grabbed the bag and ran off to her room. Once dressed, she came out and sat on the fire place hearth and said "Take our pictures please. Just like yesterday, ok?" (see Christmas card photo post below)

So I did. And here they are:







Later she came to me and asked that I cut her dolls hair. I did my best to talk her out of it but the girl was right. The dolls hair was too messy and it was always getting knots in it. So I decided to take the plunge and cut it. And you know what? The doll looks 100% better with shorter hair. I think it's so great that she likes her short hair so much that she even wants her dolls to have short hair. :)

Oh how I love this little girl of mine!






4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Sweet as sugar...

Mad has one matching doll dress that I got from TJMaxx too (it's brown/pink) and i've got matching Night Gown's for her and her doll for Christmas.

Little girls are darling aren't they? So much fun! Sometimes I wish I had a little boy too though. I sure enjoy your stories and pics of Kelton though. He is one special little boy.

momtothreeboys said...

I love, love, love short hair on girls...if I had any girls their hair would be as short as my boys...adorable!

Tanya said...

So cute. And it's posts like this that make me want another.

Stacey said...

the matching dress is too cute for words