Sunday, November 16, 2008

Friends, Paint and Pottery

This afternoon my friends and I got together to have a little creative fun - we went to a local pottery painting place and went a little crazy. We each picked a piece, selected our paints and got busy. There were moments of deliberate silence as we worked and moments of silly laughter - the perfect combination! I made a snowman platter, Jeri made a cupcake birthday plate and Mel made a birthday plate and two little name plates for her boys. It was a really fun afternoon hanging out with amazing friends.









8 comments:

Audra said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pottery painting- and I'm making a trip tomorrow to make a deviled egg plate and something christmas-y?

Tanya said...

How cute and fun. I need to do something for myself. Maybe I'll look into something like this. Thanks for the idea.

Rainbow Momma said...

So cute! I love stuff like that - makes great gifts. And fun too!

Melanie said...

It was the perfect afternoon, and combination of "creative silence" and lighthearted conversation! :)

Jen said...

Pottery painting is one of my favorite things. It's so relaxing! I'm glad you got to do that, and I must say I'm very impressed with your snowman platter.

Kristen said...

looks like fun! I want to do something like that, with or without kiddo in tow.

Monogram Queen said...

I did this once and was SO disappointed with how the colors turned out. The owner wasn't very helpful either. Perhaps I shall try it again because I do love your snowman platter!

Unknown said...

So somehow I missed this post, so when you did the other one with the end result (turned out great, by the way!) I was wondering when and how. Anyway, just stumbled upon this now. Too FUN. Where'd you go? And more importantly, where are you KIDS?!!??