Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Six Little Girls

After MOMS Club today, Kaylen and I stopped in to have lunch with Kelton at school and I was amazed by what happened. In prior lunch dates with my son there has been little activity surrounding my visit. Kaylen, Kelton and I just picked a place and sit down, which we did again today. I have never paid attention to who was sitting near us. Only this time six talkative little girls flocked over to the table to hang out with us. Six! Kelton was so funny. At one point he looked around and I could see him counting and he leaned over to whisper to me "Mom! There are eight girls, counting you and Kaylen, sitting with me!"

It's true - we took up the entire table. I wasn't sure if he was delighted or a bit freaked out. Or maybe he was acting freaked out because I was there because honestly, the girls gravitated to him naturally which to me says it isn't that odd that he is sitting with the girls. :) Oh - and add to it the fact that the girls all had Ketlon stories to share with me ("One time, on the play ground..." and "In class Kelton did...."). It was all very funny and sweet and gave me a glimpse into my future with this little man of mine.


And this, appropriately enough, was today's For Better or For Worse strip:

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

So sweet! I love it!

Unknown said...

He doesn't even know he's supposed to think girls are gross yet. How cute!

LOVE your new header!

Stacey said...

haha that's too cute that he's a girl magnet