Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Letter


Dear Christmas Coffee Cream Makers (Lucerne, Coffee Mate, etc);

The holiday season is upon us. I can always tell when it draws near because suddenly, next to the rows and rows of regular and specialty flavored coffee creamers, there are bottles upon bottles of seasonal flavors. First rolls in the Autumn flavors, Pumpkin Spice, etc, and then finally the Christmas flavors arrive. Each year I practically squeal in delight when I see the peppermint mocha and other wonderful flavors. I grab a few bottles and then walk/run to the coffee aisle for I know that the peppermint flavored coffee has arrived as well. And so begins Christmas for me.

I practically swoon right there in the store. I can barely stand the thought of waiting until the next morning to make my coffee, knowing that the much anticipated peppermint flavor is just sitting there waiting.

The next morning, and in fact, many mornings after that, I curl up in my favorite spot on the couch and I drink my Christmas coffee. And I know that it will be a good day.

But then.... Oh you knew there had to be a "but then".

But then I run low on my stash of creamer and I head back to the store to get more. But what to my wondering eyes is not there? You guessed it. My Christmas coffee creamer. The place is there...it's just empty. There are still plenty of the Autumn flavors to be had but... yuck. I don't like those. I want Peppermint Mocha.

I go to a few other stores in search of it. Nothing. Places on the shelf for it to be but none to be found.

How can this be?

Let's do the math, shall we? Rows and rows of pumpkin spice and only empty rows of peppermint mocha. Do you see a workable solution? Do you?

Make more peppermint and less pumpkin!!

It's not so difficult to see, really. You have an excess of that nasty stuff and none of the good stuff. So frikkin' MAKE MORE!!!!!!

It's November 19th and for the last two weeks I have not been able to locate more peppermint creamer. SERIOUSLY??? Do you realize that this does not bode well for peppermint creamer drinkers? It's not even Thanksgiving yet people. The pumpkin spice crap should be flying off the shelf if it were really that good (and I'm not saying it's not but let's assume the shelves are speaking for themselves. No shortage there. I rest my case.).

So stop production of the autumn stuff and ramp up production of the peppermint and all other Christmas related flavors.

We go through this year after year after flippin' year. Pull your heads out and MAKE MORE!

Thank you for your time in this matter and I look forward to seeing my beloved creamers back on the shelves in abundance very soon. And oh hey - while I have your attention; it really would be ok to sell those flavors for much longer than two months. Some of us would buy them. I'm just saying.

Sincerely,
Casey

19 comments:

Tanya said...

Now if you go through it every year haven't you learned to buy more the first time around? :) If I had some I'd send it to ya but I don't think it would make it. If it's THAT good I better try it myself.

Unknown said...

I know to keep an eye out for it now for you. I like the peppermint mocha too. I hate it when the best ones are limited edition! Jeri

Perrin said...

I'm so with you Casey!! I just had some in my coffee this morning. Peppermint Mocha is the best. And it is so disheartening to think you see it and then realize all that is left is the pumpkin. I bought some at Winco on Monday. It was in the aisle right when you walk in..not back in the dairy.

Tina said...

ummmmm - COULD SOMEONE GET THE WOMAN A CUP OF PEPPERMINT MOCHA COFFEE?!?!?! Look out, she could go postal.

Dads(2) said...

Kudos to you--for calling out those damn coffee creamer folks--shame on them!

Unknown said...

Thats right Perrin, my husband just told me that he saw it at Winco just the other day. Jeri

Tanya said...

I got some! I'll have to try it tomorrow. :)

Tracey said...

Now I must protest. I ONLY like the pumpkin, and buy whenever I can find it. I wish it stayed good all year because I would stock my fridge with it if it did!!!

Kristen said...

When you do find them again, buy a lot and freeze them. Presto! Instant year round happiness! My mom does this, so I know it works just fine.

I'd keep an eye out for you, but I"m not sure how it would handle the shipping process, LOL.

Catherine said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

I love peppermint too. and why can't they offer it year round? I don't understand seasonal flavors! What about peppermint makes it only appropriate for Christmastime? It's not like we an stock up for springtime; it goes bad! Good post, Casey!

Monogram Queen said...

Bwaaa haaaa you had me at "pumpkin crap"!

Rainbow Momma said...

I never would have THOUGHT to even buy peppermint mocha. But now I HAVE to go out and see if I can find it.

You crack me up!

Carey said...

LOL I like the pumpkin spice - and the gingerbread. I guess I need to try the peppermint one now!!

Tanya said...

BTW Ryan loves it, so i guess we'll be getting more. And I want to try the eggnog becaue even though I dislike eggnog I love Starbucks eggnog latte, go figure.

Sheri said...

Can't attest to the Peppermint, but Safeway finally got the gingerbread ... so I bought 2 ... for main reason as you're in now--I don't wanna hunt for it! I NEED MY COFFEE!!!
:-)

Tracey said...

Tanya, don't buy the eggnog!! I am an eggnog fan but it was HIDEOUS. I actually upended the bottle down the drain immediately after trying it, and the other people I know who have tried it hated it as well. :)

Carey said...

Not to make you envious... but my grocery store has a ton of the peppermint mocha!! I bought one. It's awesome :) I'm glad I tried it!! I put a dollop of whipped cream... a little bit of heaven I tell ya!! Mmmmmm

Jen said...

CASEY. Today Jason found some Peppermint Mocha creamer at the grocery store and it says, "Now Available All YEAR!!!!!!!" (Some exclamation points mine.)