Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tagged for a MeMe

I was tagged by Shannon from The Other MotherHood. Her blog is private but she is a regular visitor here. So...here goes...more than you could ever possibly want to know about me. :)

How long have you been married? Married: 13 years. Together: 14

Where did you meet? a local bulletin board system. This was pre- AOL/Yahoo/etc chat rooms. This was a board run out of Seattle for the GLBT community.

How long did you date? Before what? :) I would say we saw each other for about a week or so before she came to stay over and never left. :)

How old is she? 42

Who eats more? Hard to say. Depends on the day. :)

Who said “I love you” first? Oh my gosh - I don't think I can remember on the spur of the moment like this. Dakota? Do you remember?

Who is taller? Dakota. By 6 inches. No kidding. I'm that short. :)

Who sings better? Birds. :)

Who is smarter? Wow - whoever came up with this game sure is looking to cause problems in relationships, aren't they? :) I would have to say that I am street smart in regards to real life stuff and Dakota is definitely more book smart. We compliment each other well.

Whose temper is worse? Mine.

Who does the laundry? I do. Though to her credit, Dakota will toss in a load here and there and help fold. But I win this one hands down. :)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Dakota

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who cooks dinner? Dakota. At least, this has always been the deal. Then along came law school....so...let me put it this way; when Dakota is home, she does. When she isn't, I do.

Who drives when you are together? Me.

Who is more stubborn? Probably me. Though let me tell you - she has a stubborn streak as well. :)

Who kissed whom first? Ummm....uuuuhhhh....it's been 14 years...I'm thinking, I'm thinking! I'm not 100% sure but I have a feeling it was Dakota. :)

Who is the first to admit to being wrong? Dakota is never wrong. Just ask her. :) :) :) (You know I love you, honey! *wink*)

Whose parents do you see the most? Dakota's mom and step-dad. We live four hours from mine and about 4 minutes from hers. :)

Who proposed? Dakota did. It was a surprise move and I was blown away. We'd been dating for about a month and we had just that weekend moved her stuff into my place. We were at a country dance bar in Seattle.

What’s her best physical attribute? Everything. Seriously. But I think I'll go with her eyes. I just love them!

Who has more friends? Hard to say on this one. I'd say she does since she has so many co-worker and law school buddies. As for good friends, I'd say we are probably close to equal these days.

What are you most proud of her for? Having the determination to go after her dreams while still balancing all the adult responsibility stuff. She is also one heck of a great partner and mom to our kids.

Who has more siblings? I do. I have three brothers and a sister. Dakota has two sisters. I grew up with mine, Dakota's siblings were all but grown and gone by the time she was born so...in essence, she was an only child.

Who wears the pants in the family? At different times and for different things we both do.

And now I'm supposed to tag others but how about this instead; if you want to do it, do it. If you don't, that's cool too. :)

7 comments:

Shawna said...

This is such a fun one! I just did it, but I'm saving it in my drafts for publishing at a later date (I just posted a novel :))

Tina said...

Dakota - I too am an "only child" with siblings. Mine are 10, 12 and 14 years older than me. I was kind of fun growing up that way.

Monogram Queen said...

Very interesting me~me! So Dakota was a late-in-life or an "oops" baby?

Casey said...

Shawna: Yay! Thanks for playing. :)

Tina: only child with siblings. I love that definition.

Patti: According to her parents and sisters, she was a much wanted "late in life baby" though really, her parents were only in their mid-30's. They started early. :)

Melanie said...

How fun to read! Is Dakota seriously 6 inches taller than you?!? Hee hee - cute!

Dakota said...

I think Casey has this all about right :)

"Only child with siblings" - I love that description! My sisters are 13 and 17 years older than I am. This is an apt description, indeed!

Shannon said...

This was fun! Thanks for playing along. :)