Monday, June 23, 2008

WARNING: Political Posting Ahead

The rule is that one should never bring up religion or politics in polite conversation. Well.....ummm.....whoever said I was polite? :)

I saw this on a blog I read and I just couldn't resist posting it here. I'm a Democrat through and through. That should surprise no one. I could never, ever be "the other" because to do so would be to say that I don't matter...that my relationship doesn't matter....that my family doesn't matter. It would be to say that we don't deserve the same rights as other families - that it is ok to treat us as less than. It's ok for my children to not have the same legal protection as other children. I can't say that. Can you?

No party is perfect. I get that completely but still....
I'm just saying.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

Froggymama said...

I LOVE this!!! Thanks for posting! I'll be sure to vote...republican. Just kidding.

I just saw a bumper sticker from cafepress that said "Obama Mama." I can't wait to get it for my mamamobile!

Mimi said...

I am also a Democrat but I have to say OBAMA scares the shit right out of me.....I know you can't believe everything you read, but...he still scares me....I know when I vote this November my poor father will be rolling over in his grave....

Casey said...

FroggyMama: :) I've seen that on shirts, too. I think a little someone at your house needs one that says "My Mama is for Obama".

Mimi: McCain should scare you more. Seriously.

Jen said...

Oh, I love it!!!

I'm voting Republican because I hate myself, but I promised I'd stop cutting.

(I'm a Democrat because I have children. It's that simple to me. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had children with trust funds and stock portfolios.)

I'm white, straight, married and middle class. That means my life is way easier than a lot of people's. My children might not be straight, they might not be middle class, and their children might not be white. Seems like I have an obligation to look out for them. Now I will step off my political soapbox.

A Jersey Girl said...

I'll say this, I am not sure who I am voting for this year. My husband is a Republican, our son(6) has been an Obama fan for a year now:) I whole-heartedly agree that your family deserves the same rights as mine and it makes me sad and angry that people discriminated against any families that don't fit a mold.

My husband and I have been following Obama for years as my husband worked for a member of Congress from Il for 10 years(and we spent way too much time out there involved in their politics:) I like him, I wish he had more experience. As I said, I am very undecided and am waiting to see on VP's as I will not vote for a bad ticket:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.