Thursday, June 26, 2008

Here's to You, Mrs. Robinson!

Kelton is in love. Well - as he puts it "I'm in crush!" With a friend's 12 year old daughter. That's my boy - going for the older women. :) It never fails that if there is a girl who is older than he is, he will follow her around like a puppy and then later declare what I had already figured out. "Mom, I really like her!"

The 12 year old, I'm sure, was more than a little amused by it all. My son even went so far as to write down our phone number and give it to her.

We are in soooo much trouble with this kid.

We shouldn't be surprised. This really, really should not shock us at all. We've watched it coming since he was about oh......four months old. And definitely by six months. Once he figured out how to fix his gaze on someone he would lock in on all the pretty girls and just stare at them with a huge smile on his face while he batted his long eyelashes. And everyone would gush over him.

I must say - he was an adorable baby but more than his looks, his little flirty personality really drew people to him...and me. Which I really didn't enjoy. I would often wonder how I, an introvert, managed to give birth to such an over the top extrovert.

So here we are - almost 6 year later - and the boy is still going after the older, pretty girls.

Let me state again, for the record: We are in serious trouble with this one.

Oh! And I forgot to mention that, under the guise of being "too hot and sweaty from running and playing" my son took off his shirt. No doubt something he has seen on television at one time or another. *slapping my forehead and shaking my head*



We met our friends at a park not far from our house so the kids rode their bikes and I walked.

The shirtless wonder. :)

Sporting his shirt and head wear. I guess if your sparkling personality isn't enough, go for the giggle factor. :)

I wish I had gotten a photo of him giving her his phone number. I was too caught up in trying to overhear what he was up to and didn't even think to snap a photo. Next time - because, there will for sure be a next time. :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG, that's sooo funny! I'm getting worried... Erik stares at pretty girls too.

Shawna said...

Hahahaha! That is great! Go Kelton!

A Jersey Girl said...

OMG! What a cute story. You have a little heart-breaker on your hands:)

Perrin said...

That is too cute. He will be a charmer for sure.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!!!! Go Kelton, with the shirt-shedding! I would say you have a future Chippendale's dancer on your hand, but I don't want to traumatize you.

(And I am joking! JOKING!)

My boys have a crush on one of Jason's coworkers. I am definitely enjoying the front-row view of their mad skillz with the ladiez. So far their most successful line has been, "Here! I drew this! It's a picture of you in a tornado!" Tell Kelton to try that one if he wants to up the ante.

Froggymama said...

I just love Kelton. What an adorable kid.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh dear that is too too funny!

She is a baby cougar!