Monday, June 16, 2008

Field Day!

It was Field Day for the kindergarten class so Kaylen and I spent the morning volunteering and having fun.

There was tug-o-war, bean bag toss, sponge relay race, gunny sack race, three legged race, frisbee throw and water balloon toss. And there were 40 kindergartners. Needless to say - it was fun from the word "GO!"

Kaylen participated in everything except the tug-o-war with girls vs boys. Smart girl, that one. It got messy and a few kids suffered minor rope burns. Who really won is any ones guess - I called it finished when the boys ended up in a tangled mess and tears were starting to fall. The smaller groups of the game went very, very well but the entire two classes of kids was a rough game.

Kaylen and I won the water balloon toss. :) Of course I completely credit that with my taking teeny tiny steps backwards instead of the gigantic steps the other kids were taking. Kaylen is, after all, only three. :)

Once the games were over, we had recess and then headed back into the classroom for a small bit of seat work and an episode of The Magic School Bus. The class is learning about plants and the episode watched was a perfect fit.

It was a long morning but for some reason, the kids are on full energy level for the afternoon. I, on the other hand, am exhausted!


Aren't they sweet walking out together? :)

" Hi Mom!"

Getting ready for the bean bag toss.

Tug!! Kelton is the anchor man - his team won!!

Sponge relay race. Go Kaylen!

Anxiously waiting his turn.

Three legged race team.

And they're off!

Waiting for their turn in the gunny sack race.

Getting ready.

WooHoo! Look at him go!

She's trying but that bag was at least twice her size.

Working on her "seat work". Isn't she cute? :)

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Kaylen must of enjoyed playing with the "big" kids! Looks like it was a fun morning!!

Unknown said...

They are sooo cute! I am volunteering for the same thing tomorrow at my daughters school. Looks like fun! Jeri

Audra said...

oh man I remember field days! that looks like so much fun!

Froggymama said...

Kelton is such a great big brother!

Daria Schaffnit said...

Isn't volunteering for field day fun? I was the jelly bean queen for two years, handing out the jelly beans they got for each completed event, then I timed the races for two years. I miss those days of being really involved in their day to day school events. The pics are so great! Every time I see Kelton, he reminds me more of my cousin.

Stacey said...

looks like fun and it's wonderful that your little one got to participate with the big kids. great school to allow that!

Shannon said...

Looks like a really fun day! Makes me miss my school days.