Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bring on the Drops

The good news...if there can be such a thing, is that it's bacterial conjunctivitis which means 24 hours from now the kids and I can rejoin the world. Thankfully, once the nurse ran through her list of questions we qualified for the "no visit required - we'll call in the meds for you to pick up" service.

That's a plus.

Once back home, Kaylen was first in line for drops which she took like a little trooper. Kelton started freaking out before the drops were even near his eyes. It's going to be fun for the next five days....four times a day. But at least we are only home bound for today.

I just wish it wasn't raining. Again.

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Glad you're on your way to recovery :) Good point about the lice, icky but it's such a hassel too. So if it was viral pink eye do kids still have to stay home?

Casey said...

Tanya: From what I read, you are supposed to keep them home for 3-5 days for the viral kind. Here is a link: http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pinkeye-topic-overview

I've learned all sorts of things today. :)

Caroline said...

I hope when you return to the outside world tomorrow it will be bright, sunny and warm.

Brenda said...

If it isn't one thing, it is another. Life with children! I'm glad to hear you didn't have to spend the morning at the doctor's office!

Melanie said...

Get better soon! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

I swear we live the same life. My kids all had pink eye last week. It was a first for us as well. I had no idea what it was. I had to take all four kids to the doc only to be told I could of called with the symptoms over the phone. We had the drops and it was over in no time. I'm just thankful the newborn didn't get it. That would of been sad.

Heidi

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear you're all dealing with eye infections. Yuck, those are the worst.

Mimi said...

Boy I wish our nurse would just ask us questions then call in the meds....good for your guys.....I thought it was only 24 hours...hummmm my little ones are back after 24 hours.....

Casey said...

Caroline: Me too!

Brenda: It's true - it's always something. In the grand scheme though this is only a mere minor inconvenience.

Melanie: Thanks!

Heidi: We realyl do live the same life - except for the new baby part. :) COngratulations on the newest one!!!!

Shannon: No fun, that's for sure.

Mimi: For bacterial pink eye requiring medication it's 24 hours. For the viral, non-medicine kind it is 3-5 days. Most people who require medical attention have the bacterial kind.