Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Heart CraigsList!

This time though - I wasn't buying. I was selling! Even better than buying when it goes as quickly and easily as it did today. Within 90 minutes of hitting "publish" on my four ads, three were gone and one is spoken for but it will be tonight or tomorrow morning before she can get here to pick it up.

Ninety minutes. When all is said and done, I will have made $80.

What did I sell? No - not the kids. They have been unbelievably good today so they got to stay. :)

We said our goodbyes to the following:

This was Kelton's First Birthday gift from us. It was sad to see it go but the kids are just too big for it. I had planned to sell it last year but Kaylen wasn't quite ready. This year she helped me move it to the front yard for the new owner. What a difference a year makes! Sold for $35.00.
The much beloved turtle sandbox. I bought this at a garage sale for $5.00 when Kelton was 15 months. I sold it today, five years later, for $15.00. :) In case you are wondering, it's usually far, far cheaper to find kid toys are garage sales than to get them from someplace like Craiglist. I'm just saying. :)
This picnic table was "free" with Kelton's baby swing set. It has never been outside and was in fact used only a couple of times for coloring art projects when Kelton was two. Other than that, it's been folded up in the garage and tucked away. We have a bigger one in the yard for the kids to use. I believe we paid $1.00 for the bigger one at a garage sale when Kelton was about 5 months old. Maybe it was $2.00. :) Again - garage sales are the way to go! I sold the little table for $15.00.


We're waiting for this one to be picked up. It was Kelton's 3rd birthday gift from Dakota's mom and step dad. Kelton never really played on it much. Kaylen used it much more but this weekend she said "This can go too, ok?" I guess she was done with it. :) Selling it for $15.00.
So all in all, a productive 90 minutes for me. :)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Those are pretty good deals you offered! I'd pay that. :) Been looking for the picnic table myself. I need to get to selling some stuff on ebay and CL. I lucked out and bought R's math book for $70 vs $107 on CL.

momtothreeboys said...

I too LOVE Craigslist. We've sold so much stuff on there...Congrats on your sales!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh now I would LOVE that last toy! I wish our city was big enough for Craigslist but I have to check Charleston,Columbia for it and that's just too far

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're a selling fool! :)
Great deals all the way around!

Julie said...

Good job, I think I need to get some pointers from you!!