Friday, June 06, 2008

The Mane Event

Kaylen had her very first professional non-mommy haircut and she could not have been more excited or proud of herself.

After taking the kids out to celebrate the end of the swimming session I causally mentioned to Kaylen that it would be nice if we could get her haircut one of these days. (I've been trying to get her to agree to a professional cut for months now - it's been challenging to cut her hair these days and it desperately needed some real layering done and well..I needed some cleaner lines to follow.) She surprised me by saying "Let's go now. Mama is here and I want her to see me get my hair cut."

Well ok then.

She is so freakin' adorable with her short hair! I love, love, love short hair and I think it looks amazing on her. Today it is even better because her soft curls are back (after being combed out by the cutting process) which gives it such a sweet look. She loves her hair, too and especially loves that it isn't in her eyes. Yay!!!

I wish I had a hidden spy camera so I could show you exactly how much fun she was having - so cute! :)







5 comments:

Froggymama said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever mentioned how stinking cute your family is!!??

I also have been trying to get my 3 year old Stella to get a hair cut. Her hair is down to her butt and I have never cut it. I have no idea how to cut hair and she has never wanted to go. Her sister always gets her hair cut but Stella has been happy to have long hair. I think now that it's hot out she might change her mind. Actually I should show her your blog and pictures of K! That might inspire her.

Heidi

Lynilu said...

Really cute! And when do we get to see the "curl back" look? Since she is such a princess, I *know* she enjoyed the pampering!!

Melanie said...

That's GREAT that she did so well! Go Kaylen - pretty girl!

PT-LawMom said...

She looks so cute!!!