Monday, June 23, 2008

My Monday

It's been a busy day full of everything and nothing. This morning I was out bright and early doing some serious weed pulling that had to be attended to. Those darn "side of the house" areas that are tucked away and well...forgotten. They manage to grow some serious weeds...and a few starter trees that had no business growing where they were.

From weed pulling I came in, cleaned up a bit, got the kids ready and headed out to the eye Dr to pick up a copy of my lens prescription. From there, we headed out to the mall so that I could get a pair of prescription sunglasses. My eyes, which have always been incredibly light sensitive, have been killing me in the sun but the clip-on sunglasses I bought last summer distort everything horribly and make me queasy (and I can't really see without my glasses) so clearly prescription sunglasses were needed before I lost my mind.

This is the second summer for wearing glasses full time and I was miserable last year with the clip-ons but thought I could deal this time around since my vision has settled down (and in October I got a new prescription which made a huge difference in my seeing-ability). Turns out - nope. The clip-ons just don't cut it and going without sunglasses has been pretty bad.

So I went to B*inyons with a great coupon (50% of lenses plus 50% off frames). I still spent *GULP* $200. OUCH OUCH OUCH! And I picked inexpensive frames. Seriously inexpensive. The coating for the lenses was only $20 so the rest of the cost was the lenses themselves - and it was half off!! WOW! And then, after forking over the money - it was a three hour wait to get my glasses. We waited, the kids and I. We waited and waited. We hit the library, had lunch at McDonald's, played in the play area, had ice cream and finally it was time to go back.

Only.....only.

There was a scratch on one of the lenses and they had to be remade. They would be ready around dinner time. I had briefly thought of leaving them until tomorrow but I did end up going out tonight to pick them up. The second time was a charm and I now have sunglasses to wear. I'm happy about that - it will make driving so much easier. :)


OH OH OH!!! Did I tell you I read an entire book this weekend???!?!?!?! I know I didn't so here goes....I read a book this weekend!!!! It was so. much. fun!!!! I haven't been able to have that much dedicated reading time in forever and it was glorious! What did I read? Light, fun stuff..."Confessions of a Shopaholic". If you haven't read it - it's fun reading. I found it at a garage sale for fifty cents. Yay! And good news for me - there are several more books in the series and a few other non-series books by the same author. Happy happy!!!

Reading is good. :)

7 comments:

Audra said...

That is one of my top 10 favorite books! Are you going to continue with the series?? That author has some other really good ones too like "can you keep a secret" which is outside of the series, but still good!

Unknown said...

I have the non series ones too, do you want me to bring those tomorrow as well?

Melanie said...

Wow - what an ordeal with the glasses. But I'm soooooo glad your eyes will be HAPPY this summer! And great job reading an entire book this past weekend - I haven't done that in like, EVER.

Shannon said...

Kim loves the Shopaholic books and the other books by the same author. Reading time is indeed wonderful!

Shannon said...

P.S. I tagged you for a meme.

Casey said...

Audra: Yes! I am definitely going to continue with the series. My dear friend is going to loan me her books. Yay!!!

Jeri: :) I already sent you an email. You rock!!

Melanie: I hear you on the reading thing - I used to read all the time but then...kids. It's so nice to pick up a book and read again. I just wish I had time during the week.

Shannon: I think I'm the only person who had never heard of these books before. I'm glad Kim enjoyed them, too. And thanks for tagging me. I played. :)

Anonymous said...

Cassie - Costco is the best place for glasses. You can get a really nice pair of frame and prescription sunglass lenes for less than $120. No need to wait for coupons... AND - they're fast.