Wednesday, July 13, 2005

In the beginning....

Hmmm...so this is a blog. Interesting. I've never done anything like this before but thought "What the heck." It might provide me a space to talk about all the things that are taking place in my life. My partner is starting law school in 8 weeks. That's EIGHT weeks. In and of itself, not a big deal, right? But....I'm a stay at home mom to two kids; a 3 year old boy and a 5 month old girl. Still not such a big deal? Add to it that my partner will be working her regular full time job during the day and attending classes at night. Four nights a week. For four year.

Starting to get the picture?

Eeeeeek. Being a mom to two kids is hard enough *with* someone else to help but doing it alone? Wow. Not really what I signed up for but what else could I do? What other choice did I really have? Part of loving someone is supporting their choices. Part of loving someone is doing all you can to help them achieve their dreams and goals. So.....this will be my life.

Ready to make the journey with me?

1 comment:

Estelle said...

You are not doing it alone and you know that! Those kids have an awesome momma. Besides, how many kids can claim they have 200 lesbian pseudo- aunts? Including a super cool one in FLORIDA! I'm going to disney world! Woo-hoo!
Now, happy thoughts.
E