Wednesday, September 08, 2010

She can see clearly now!

Look who got her glasses today! She was beyond funny at the eye doctor's office when they put them on her. It was so obvious that she could SEE and she was delighted! She has been spending time this afternoon looking over the top of them (I need to go back this evening and have them fitted better) saying "That looks really tiny! Now it's really big! Hey Mom - you have a tiny head and now it's bigger!" She can see clear across the living room and tell you what someone is wearing in a photograph. This is all VERY exciting for her and me. I never realized how bad her eyes were but today? It's crystal clear how much she needed these glasses. She goes back in about 4 months for a change in the lens or sooner if she starts complaining that the glasses aren't as good as they were.



4 comments:

nikk said...

Beyond adorable!!!!

Lielanie said...

I remember my first glasses, I felt exactly like that! I couldn't believe that people could see "that" far away!

Shannon said...

She looks awesome! I knew she'd suit glasses.

Anonymous said...

When I was five, they discovered astigmatism in both my eyes. My mom said she felt so bad for me, but who knew? For all I knew, things were supposed to look blurry like that; after all, that's the way I'd seen everything since I was born! But oh, man, those blue cat-eye glasses I had at five were something else. She looks great ... and better yet, SEES great!
Trudy's Mom