Thursday, September 02, 2010

School: Day 2

Thanks to a program called Smart Start, I have Kaylen home with me until Tuesday. Smart Start is a program in which they have small groups of kindergartners start over the course of three days. This gives them time to get to know their teacher, the rules of the school and where things are located. It's a great way to go, in my opinion, because it makes it so much easier for this mom. :)

I think the only way I got through yesterday was knowing I would have her with me today. :) I'm used to Kelton being in school but Kaylen has been my constant sidekick while he has been gone. Both of them gone is just not right.

Yesterday, on the first day of school, it rained like crazy until afternoon when the sun came out. Temps stayed in the high 60's. Today though it is already shorts and flip flop time. It's supposed to be in the mid-80's. So yesterday I sent off my kids to protective clothing to keep them dry and today Kelton took off wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The weather is crazy.

This morning Kaylen and I were over at the school to get the first fundraiser of the year ready to go. Thanks for the helping hands of 4 other parents, we knocked it out in about 90 minutes which is a huge accomplishment. And that included delivering everything to classrooms.

Now we are home and Kaylen is playing while I catch up on stuff and look for jobs. Really? All I want to do is go cuddle my girl for the rest of the day.

No comments: