Saturday, September 04, 2010

Saturday

When Kelton was a baby Dakota and I talked about how when he was bigger, we wanted to be the house were the kids hung out so we could make sure Kelton was always safe. We'd be "the cool parents" and kids would want to hang out at the house.

Fast forward 8plus years and for the last three days the knocks on the front door have been increasing. "Can we play with Kelton?" Oh sure - come on in.

I currently have 5 children running around the house; 4 boys and Kaylen.

I have to say "What the hell were we thinking?!?!?!"

Actually - I'm glad that Kelton has friends who want to come hang out and play with him and I'm glad I get to keep an eye on the shenanigans but WOW. It's noisy. Really noisy.

Another hour to get through and then it's time to send the friends on home. Though I am sure, like last night, they will check in with their parents and show back up on the front porch within minutes.

Sanity? Yeah I have no hope of ever seeing that again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun Casey. Wish we had more kids in our neighborhood. Earplugs can mute the din a bit. :) Glad he is well liked, sounds like they are doing well. Being the fun house does let you keep an eye on the shennanigans. How sweet that they let Ms. K play too.
Jenn