Friday, September 03, 2010

Party Central

Tonight will be party central at the house. Right now the plan is pizza and movie night (well...the Disney Channel premiere of Camp Rock 2) with 3 adults and 5, maybe 6, kids. Definitely five kids though spread in age from 3 to 10.

For the moms? There will be adult beverages flowing. Can you blame us? :)

It's actually really great to see the kids social circle enlarging where it isn't just the three of us as it has been for the past 5 years (Four while Dakota was in school and one while we adjusted to our new lives). For me, it's great to have adults to hang out with as I was pretty isolated raising small children with high needs in earlier years. It's nice to witness the rebuilding of my own life.

Sure, I still have a ways to go before this life is completely mine and runs independently but I have faith that one of these days soon a job will fall into place. It just has to with all the applying I have been doing on a daily basis. (I read a news article this morning that said employers are starting to hire again so hopefully that means good things for me.)

So tonight we will celebrate the end of summer with the loudness of children enjoying life. There is nothing better than the sounds of happy children.

2 comments:

Lannon said...

Hello? Where was my invitation?

Casey said...

Dear Lannon,
You are cordially invited.....

BYOB. :)