Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Too Deep for Early Morning

I woke up this morning to little fingers tapping me on the forehead. I blink my eyes open and try to focus on the little child who is beside me.

"Mama," she says, "Did you know that trees are like flowers to giants? You know why? Because they are so big. Our flowers are too small for Giants, ya know, but they aren't too small for us."

blink blink

"You know, that sounds about right." I say as I try to take it all in.

I can almost hear her saying "Trees are to Giants what flowers are to our sized people."

I think she will be ok on her SAT test when the time comes.

This girl is something else. Always thinking.

And good morning to you, too, little one.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

OMG that is toooo funny!

Audra said...

She sure is a smartie!!

Monogram Queen said...

At least she didn't try to peel up your eyelids! LOL