Thursday, April 16, 2009

Preschool Update

I asked Kaylen how her day at school was and this was her response:

"Best day of my whole life!"

So there you have it. She loved it and wants to go every day. :)

Among other things, they learned about transportation and as I was driving home she saw a plane in the sky. She pointed up at it and yelled "TRANSPORTATION!" She repeated this every car and truck we passed. :)

I apparently arrived too early for pick up though. The teacher said "Ok - if you see the grown up you belong to you can go ahead and leave. If you don't see them yet, find your buddy and they will read a book to you."

Kaylen came up to me and said, matter of factly, "Next time don't come early!" I asked if she wanted to have her buddy read her a book and I'd wait. She did....so they read Curious George and I stood around waiting.

Before leaving though she asked if she could have her picture taken with her buddy. I don't know about you but I think she really did have the best day of her life. :)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Very sweet! Maybe she'll learn J's current favorite school song..."water travels in a cycle yes it does. It's gotes up as evaporation... comes down as percipitation..." too funny.

Unknown said...

I must have missed a post somewhere. I didn't know you were putting her in preschool! How fun. Sounds like she'll be an easy one to get to school when she's older.

Caroline said...

I am so glad she had a good day!! She is so cute and I love how excited she is. When she is a teenager and doesn't want to go to school, you might remind her how excited she was in the beginning. Thanks for sharing her first day with all of us.

Lynilu said...

Wow, how she is growing! I'm glad she enjoyed her day. Preschool is such a good thing, isn't it?

Please tell Kelton I'm sorry to be so late in wishing him a Happy Birthday! I've been way occupied with the house guests. Darn. I just learned I share a BD with the son of another blog-friends, so Kelton and a 15 year old. I'm in good company! :)

Melanie said...

Well, that was easy! No hesitation, totally excited, and calls it the best day of her whole life?! Awesome! :) Go Kaylen!