Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Morning

Easter was a *very* busy day. It started out at 5:45am when Kelton bounded into our room and yelled "Happy Easter!". We tried to get him to stay in bed a while longer so he crawled in with Dakota and I went in with Kaylen, who was still sleeping....for about 10 more minutes. Once her eyes where open I said "Happy Easter!" and that was it - we were off and running.

I kept the kids in the back of the house until Dakota fed the dog and turned on the (much needed) coffee. Once that was done, Dakota handed me one camera and she took the other and we let the kids loose.

They ran right for their baskets and examined the contents (sorry Kelton....no Ferrari parts this year. Maybe next!). Before too long Kelton spied one of the plastic eggs filled with candy that the bunny hides in the living and dining rooms. Before long, both kids were tracking down the 38 eggs that the bunny had left.

We had a fun-filled few hours and really enjoyed our special family time (with a delicious Easter breakfast cooked by Dakota). Before long it was time to ready the house for guests because at 1pm the extended family from Dakota's side arrived for Kelton's birthday party and the Easter meal (was in lunch? Was it dinner? I don't really know.).

This year we celebrated Bailey's (our great niece) 8th birthday at the same time. Sandwiched between presents and cake was the Easter meal.

Crazy but fun day. By the time it was over all four of us were exhausted. Pictures from the birthday party to come but here are some from Easter morning.










2 comments:

A Jersey Girl said...

Casey,
I cannot believe how big those babies of yours are getting! It doesn't feel like I have been reading your blog that long, but I guess I have:)

They get cuter and cuter with each picture you post!

Emily

Mimi said...

Love the one where the dog is looking over Keltons shoulders......toooooo funny....we're having our Easter this coming weekend our daughter was in chicgo for her husbands family......damn...sometimes it's sad I have to SHARE.....lol....no I'll share......