Thursday, April 23, 2009

Take Your Child to Work Day

And they're off!



Kelton was so excited all night that he barely slept. He was up at 9:45pm (before Dakota was even home) and tried to convince me he'd already been asleep "at least 9 hours! And why did Mom leave without him?". I put him back to bed. Then at 11:45pm he arrived in our room chattering a storm about "Is it time to get up? Come on! We need to go!" I left him to sleep in our room with Dakota and I went into Kaylen's. And I'm glad I did!

He was awake for hours just chattering with excitement. Dakota finally had to tell him that the day couldn't start without them so it was ok to sleep. :) She estimates he got a grand total of 5 hours all told last night. (He went to bed at 7:15 and should have logged about 10 hours.)

I awoke to the sounds of happy chatter. He was just so excited! I sent them off and he turned back and said "Tell me to have a good day at work, ok Mom?"

Have a good day at work, honey! I love you!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

How cute. We can't tell J about anything in advance.

Caroline said...

So cute. He seems more excited about this than Christmas or his birthday. Can't wait to hear all about it and of course hopefully see some pictures.

Susanica said...

That is simply adorable! -Monica

Melanie said...

I LOVE it! He's so grown up!