Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy 14th Anniversary, Dakota!!

Remember this? Holy cow! We were so young!


And this next one was taken what? Just weeks after we met? Seriously? What are we? Twelve? :)

And who could forget this day? 14 years ago tonight we promised "for better or for worse"...and I love that we have stuck by that promise. It hasn't always been easy (but then, what in life is?) but it's definitely been worth it! I never would have guessed then where we would be now. What a wild ride. No doubt, no fear. :)

Set the time and sprint to the picture! Remember that shed we built in the backyard of our first house? I still miss that yard - it was great!

And this....this was March 4th, 2004 when we were legally married - you know, until the took away our right and voided it. Ah yes - nothing like having your marriage undone by the wheels of "justice". Just the same - it was a good day.

I've had hundreds and hundreds of good days with you and I look forward to hundreds and hundreds more. I love you. Happy Anniversary, honey!

12 comments:

Mimi said...

OMG as I wipe my eyes....BEAUTIFUL just BEAUTIFUL....I feel like I know you guy in REAL life....lol....happy day to the both of you.....

Tribe Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! So happy for both of you, what a blessing true love is!

Shannon said...

Happy anniversary! I loved seeing the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Ok, I have to say those were the sweetest pictures. You guys look so happy! Thanks for the look into your 14 years together. I got all misty eyed! Congrats again, Jeri

Lynilu said...

I hope your years are filled with much happiness.

I don't think it will be terribly long before the marriage will be legal. "Not terribly long" is, of course, a relative term, but in the big picture, it will be worth the wait.

Froggymama said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the photos. Those are great.

Did you hear about Iowa??? I'm so proud of my homestate! To think the midwest is more liberal than CA is a hoot!

Audra said...

Happy Anniversary!

Casey said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

FroggyMama: I did hear and ahve been celebrating ever since. And now we can add Vermont. One more state and we will have 10% of the country. :) And I LOVE that the midwest came through before CA, WA or OR. Go figure. :)

Tanya said...

Congratualtions of fourteen years and all the trials and tribulations that come along with it. Hope you get some couple time today.

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary!! I loved seeing the pictures of you guys through the years. I especially love the 2nd one where you guys have your sunglasses. :)

I still can't believe about Iowa. Who would have guessed that a little midwestern state would legalize gay marriage before CA??? I am happy because Iowa is just about 5 hours from me. I told S that we should make a trip to Iowa.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Congrats to you both!


Heidi

Monogram Queen said...

Very, very poignant and touching. Your love for one another is so apparent!
I just wish that people who have issues with gay marriage could know you two.
I will continue to support gay marriage and pray one day we all enjoy the same rights.