Saturday, April 25, 2009

Take Your Child to Work Day; Part 3

Bare with me - I know these are out of order but I want to get them all in. More than anything, this blog also a journal to my kids. (Dakota has been sweet enough to compile the first two years (so far) into book format and she has them printed up for me. I LOVE it as I know it will be something to hand down to the kids since I've really sucked at keeping up with their baby books. Sorry, kiddos!)

Anyway.....back to Take Your Child to Work Day

I dropped Kaylen off with Dakota and Kelton for lunch at The Spaghetti Factory. A co-worker and her daughter were also going to be meeting them. I opted not to stay mainly because the kids had really wanted this to be a special day with Dakota but also because I had PTO things to take care of, a display case to create and a couple hours of downtime wouldn't be so bad either. :)

While they waited for their lunch reservation, the played around on the river bank behind the restaurant.




To get back to Dakota's office, they needed to take the tram.



And then, of course, they needed to have a meeting:




After their day was over, and their memory books were made, it was time to head home. Can you say "child labor laws"? :)





They had a great day and came home with bags full of treasures such as Post-It notes, pens, paper clips, photocopies of hand prints, etc.

And both are eagerly anticipating next year! :)

No comments: