Friday, April 10, 2009

Skirts for a Little Girl?

I used to L.O.V.E. eBay. Seriously love. I could find everything I ever needed in the way of clothes for the kids. Recently? I find eBay hard to use and the quality of merchandise it "eh" and the shipping is outrageous! (Come on! $9.95 for shipping one light weight cotton skirt that has "a small stain"? Ummm....no. Thanks. And the picture? Do you think you could have taken the time to smooth out the wrinkles so it at least "looks" decent?) Frustrating does not begin to do my feelings justice.

Anyway...the point of this posting is to make a general request to see if anyone might have size 4 or 4/5 summer skirts taking up space in their homes. I know of a certain little girl who would love to give them a new home.

Little Miss Sensory issue has requested soft (cotton...not denim) skirts (not skorts and not shorts) to wear with her summer short sleeve t-shirts. I found one pair for her but I am hoping to find a few more. I am happy to pay for the right items because seriously? Life is going to get dicey if I don't have a couple skirts before the next time the sun peeks out.

She has a couple summer dresses but she really would like to be able to wear her t-shirts...and honestly? I'd love to see her in something beside her 4 favorite dresses.

So do you have someone, or know of someone, who has outgrown their size 4 or 4/5 summer skirts?

Thanks for reading my plea. :)

6 comments:

Audra said...

I have nada, :) But I was at Target and saw cotton skirts?

Unknown said...

Sorry, unfortunately the two girlies wear that size. Wish I could help! Did you try JC Penneys? I am always on a look out for you! Jeri

Anonymous said...

My girls both are 4 & 5. Otherwise I would send you what I have! But, Target did have cotton skirts a couple weeks ago. I think they were 5.99. I did buy two of them for my girls this summer. Also, if you have a Children's Place they have some skirts as well for cheap!

Heidi

Melanie said...

I wish I could help, but Evan just won't give his skirts up. ;) Good luck! I'll be on the lookout too!

Jen said...

DING DING DING! You may have struck gold in the form of my attic stash. And I am thrilled to pass it along because it will be years and years before Helena is in that size.

So, let's talk. She does NOT want them to have attached shorts-ish things underneath? Because I know I have size 4 and 5 cotton (jersey, soft) skirts with attached shorts, but I don't know how many I have without anything underneath.

Monogram Queen said...

I'll keep you in mind but we never wear cotton skirts and i'm not sure anyone who gives Madison clothes does either but i'll sure look!