Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time Keeps on Slipping, Slipping, Slipping.....

....into the future. :)

I meant to blog yesterday. I meant to blog today. That didn't so much happen. Sure - I'm blogging right now but this is going to be short and sweet because it's late and I just spent a combined four hours working on PTO-related stuff (more like 6 hours but I took breaks for kid care and bedtime). So much is happening and it feels like it is all happening within a two week span. Ugh.

But on a happier note, tomorrow is Take Your Child to Work Day and the children will be hard at work with Dakota. Sort of. Kelton will leave with here bright and early in the morning and Kaylen will stay behind with me so that she can go to preschool (her choice - she didn't want to miss school). Then, around 11, Kaylen and I will drive over to meet Kelton and Dakota. I will leave Kaylen in their care so that she can get some "work time" in while I return to this side of the river. I have the display case at school to change and then at 3:45pm I have been invited to a Volunteer Appreciation Tea hosted by the teachers. That should be fun and honestly, right now I'm feeling the need to be appreciated so the timing is definitely on the mark.

Before I sign off for tonight let me leave you with this little gem:

Yesterday Kaylen and I were invited to a friend's house to hang out for the afternoon. This friend has a son who can either be Kaylen's best friend or...well...not. They are very much alike and interact like brother and sister. We arrived at the door and rang the bell. When the door opened Kaylen walked in, removed her shoes, looked her her friend and said "I am sorry but I am not planning to play with you today."

And the three adults choked back a whole lot of laughter.

Oh this girl.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh the drama that is a little girl.

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh..Kaylen cracks me up. I can't wait until the stories you will have to tell when she is a teenager.