Thursday, April 02, 2009

Photo Frames

Not too long ago Dakota posted something on her blog about the digital photo frame I gave her for Christmas and someone (Mimi) commented and asked if they were hard to load with photos. I am here to tell you, it is not difficult. Provided, of course, you have a card reader slot on your CPU. I believe that in recent years they have become rather standard on CPU's but if you have an older computer, you can still upload photos to your frame. It will just take a couple extra steps. :)

If you have a card reader than all you have to do is buy a sd card from any retailer (they do not come with most photo frames). On your computer, find the photos you would like to add to the frame and put copies of them in a folder so that all your chosen photos are together. (side note: Correct photo orientation before doing this. Trust me - it will just be easier.)

Slip the SD card into the reader slot on the CPU and open up "My Computer". Copy the contents of the folder you created onto the SD card. Remove the card from the CPU and put in the photo frame. Enjoy!

Without a card reader slot, hook your digital camera to the CPU using the USB cord. Upload the photos in the folder you created to the camera (which already had the SD card you bought to use in the photo frame). Remove the card from camera and place it in the frame. You're good to go!

And that reminds me, Dakota, bring home your card and I will upload new photos to it this weekend. :)

Hope this helps, Mimi! :)

6 comments:

Lynilu said...

I got one of those from my daughter's family for Christmas. I love it. And you're right it is a cinch to load, although I've only done a few because my sweet son-in-law loaded it with over 200 photos of their family and my son's family, too.

Monogram Queen said...

Okay you have provided the missing link for me. I need one of those SPU cards for mine. :)

Mimi said...

I want ONE.....when it comes to the computer I'm not the sharpes tool in the shed.....lol....but it sound sooooo easy.....will let you know ....of course if it doesn't go well I am sure you will hear me....

Elizabeth said...

My hubby just bought me a frame and it's driving me crazy. Are you limited to the number of photos that can be on the memory card? I followed your directions, bought an 8GB card and it won't work. I finally loaded up 50 pictures on the frame, all it would hold.

Casey said...

Elizabeth, have you checked your owners manual to determine if you have the exact right SD card? I was doing some looking on a 8GB card and it looks like there are new ones which are incompatible (meaning they are only for devices made to handle them - they do not go "backwards" like most new technology. (i.e.: Photoshop Elements 7 is made to work with Vista and all lower operating systems. Some 8GB cards are not made to go into devices made prior to whent they came out.)

So - check your manual for the frame to find out the exact card you need. Dakota's frame works with an $8 card I picked up at WalMart. How many photos your card hold depends on the size file of your photos. Some cards are small and can hold 15 photos. Some cards are large and can hold 1000.

If you would like, you can let me know the make and model of your frame and I can go look for the online manual to see what I can help figure out for you.

Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, i went to the Kodak website and looked up the memory cards recommended for the frame. I'll give it another try :-)