Sunday, April 05, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

It's 10:00am and it's already 63 degrees in the backyard. They said we would have a couple really nice days before the rain came back and I am so glad they were actually right in their prediction.

Dakota and the kids, dressed in summer clothes, are in the backyard getting it ready to be mowed! WAHOO!! No more need to buy a goat. That will be nice. :)

They are picking up kid toys and various pet supplies like balls, frisbees, etc. that had been left out over the past week of backyard play.

But speaking of summer clothes.....I hit an issue I didn't see coming. Last year Kaylen was in 4T sizes (she was actually 3T but since she has her many clothing issues, she wears a size bigger than she is) so today I went out and got the box of size 5 that I have for her....only....the 5's are miles too long. I seem to have forgotten there is a difference between 4T and 4. Her 4T shirts, for the most part, still fit and shirts she is generally ok with in the right size. But the shorts! Oh dear me! The shorts. The 5's are impossibly big and the 4T's do not pass her try-on inspection.

OY! So now the hunt will be on to find soft (as in no jeans - those would never do thankyouverymuch) size 4 shorts.

And summer dresses. Because we all know those are the staples in her wardrobe. She will wear the shorts for backyard play but for everything else, I'm betting it will be dresses.

Does that mean I can put the Mrs. Santa dress in the give-away pile and get it out of the closet? Not that it wasn't beyond fun to take her out to Target two weeks ago with her wearing the Santa dress and her princess flip-flops while the rain was pouring down. :)

Clothing issues with the girl - always a challenge. Though Kelton isn't much better as I completely anticipated him being in size 7 by this time and since he weight loss size 6's are too big on him. *sigh*

Apparently I should be keeping bins of clothes in bigger *and* smaller sizes.

3 comments:

Audra said...

How frustrating with the clothing! As a kid, I was crazy about the way clothing felt. I had to wear my socks a certain way, would only wear certain materials (jeans were a major no to me until middle school!)

Mimi said...

So your little one doesn't like jeans??? My daughter when she was young LOVED dresses.....when she was in kindergarden she would only wear dresses.....lol

Monogram Queen said...

I can't win when it comes to clothing, I am just eternally grateful I don't have to battle the sensory issues you do. My niece who is a year older than Maddie does that and it's very frustrating for my SIL.
I feel for ya girly.