Wednesday, January 04, 2012

FRBO

I am dreaming of a vacation. I think I always dream of vacations. Vacations are good....and fun. They can also be expensive and daunting.

My ideal vacation is time at the beach. I don't have lofty dreams. I have no desire to go to Europe. I have no desire to spend hours upon hours of traveling to get somewhere. I have no desire to need a passport. I am not high maintenance in the vacation department, that's for sure. Driving for 1 hour and 40 minutes can take me to my perfect escape - Seaside or Cannon Beach. An hour up or down the coast can take me to various other seaside towns. It's perfection at its best for me.

So imagine my delight when I cam across a website called For Rent By Owner (or, as is hip to do, the abbreviation of frbo)and for those of you dreaming of dreams far grander than I, it appears to be a global database.

Now...I personally find it kind of weird to be in someone elses home (bed and breakfast places are definitely not my style and neither was renting a condo or a house for a week that was someones second home) but different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Might be worth a look-see. Even for me. :)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

We've had really great luck with VRBO (vacation rentals by owner) as well.

I know there is another one specific to the OR coast as C's mom was researching options with them... unfortunately I can't remember what it was. I'm sure a google search would be helpful.