Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Let's talk kitchen sinks, shall we?

Mine is an almond color. Don't judge. It came with the house and it works just fine, thank you. :) The truth is, I like it. It was a big side and a smaller side and it is deep. I do not like shallow kitchen sinks. In mine you can hide a stack of dishes and from the breakfast bar, no one would ever know they were in there. So see? I like my almond color kitchen sink.

But what I don't like it how easy it stains. Coffee will stain it as will red sauces, etc. I scrub it a lot and sometimes I let bleach sit in it to give it a good bleaching. And yet, more times than not, it doesn't look at clean as I would like it to look.

So let's discuss the stainless steel sink. Those stay stain-free but do they get scratched or do they resist damage like that - even after years go by? I remember my parents had stainless. Stephanie has stainless and so does my sister. They tend to show water spots if you aren't careful though, yes? My sink does not though pans will leave black scuff marks that need to be scrubbed out.

Not that I plan to replace the kitchen sink at this point in time but you know me...always thinking. :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

They do scratch, and mine never seems as bright and shiny as procaine or even as clean as the plastic bathroom sink. Of course, I'm not a huge fan of stainless.