Friday, May 21, 2010

Thought Provoking

This morning, Cris Williamson posted:

Like many artists, I reflect the universal dilemma of alienation. This estrangement can happen when the voice in my head says a worrisome fearful thought is an actual situation. I respond as if I am in danger; really, it is mental fiction, a story disturbing the mind and body in a continuously negative loop. The positive real tale lies here in the Present Moment. Let me come to, and let go of “me and my story”.


I find this incredibly interesting and thought provoking. How many times have we done just that; let a thought or fear or worry control how we behaved in a situation that didn't necessarily call for the reaction we gave it based on our own internal baggage? "I respond as if I am in danger." Indeed.

No comments: