Monday, May 24, 2010

5 Going On 13

That would be my daughter. A 13 year old stuck in a 5 year old's body. It is clearly driving both of us insane. She screams "I hate you!" so much at me that I'm pretty sure I should just change my name to it. She will tell me that I annoy her (oh really? Join the club, missy!) and that she "really doesn't care for" me (she gets that from me - I will use that line when they tell me they "hate" something since I don't like hearing "hate" out of their little mouths). It's a joy.

Some moments I am so convinced that she is in her teen years that I wonder if I should start looking up information for the best acne treatments or the rules on make up application.

But then.....on a dime she will turn. Sweet and cute and adorable with her little voice saying "I'm sorry Mommy. I love you bigger than this whole house!" and I will forgive her....as I brace myself for her teen years.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Do you make her sit when she yells that at you? I mean from a 5 year old....that's kinda scary....my daugher is 30 and I don't know what I would of done if when she was 5 she YELLED at me she hates me....I don't think she has ever said those words to me...now we went throught the stage where she would stomp off and slam the door when she was a teenager...Casey maybe I'm reading more into this please don't let her talk to you that way.....