Friday, May 28, 2010

Are you KIDDING me?

To steal a phrase from Kaylen...."Are you KIDDING me?"

I just got a text from Dakota which states:
"Heads up - flight delay with airline. No idea if I will get out of Philly tonight. Will know more once we land in an hour or more. Sorry.....hopefully will not impact me being there tomorrow afternoon. Hope you are ok."

I responded with "Dang. I have plans tomorrow but I guess it's unavoidable if it happens. Crap. Why the delay?"

"Long story....sick pilot.....international laws about flying with 3 pilots and we only had 2. Oh - gotta turn off my phone. Bye for now. More when I can."

Ok here is what I don't get. They diverted the plane that had flown all these hours from London to Philly because they only have 2 pilots instead of 3? WTH? Taking them to Boston and having everyone miss their connecting flights corrects this issue how? Sanction them. Fine them. But for the love of all that is good and holy - land that plane!

It's not that she might not make it back tomorrow and I so desperately need a break. It's not that at all. What it IS...is I have plans tomorrow night to go out and I really have been looking forward to it. The kids are eagerly counting down the hours until Dakota arrives and I so don't want to crush them by telling them she might not make it tomorrow.

So it's wait and see. Wait and see. I know she is probably tired and frustrated too though being who she is - this is just one of lives adventures and she will enjoy the ride. I'm glad someone will. As for me? I really, really want to go out with my friend tomorrow. :)

It is, after all, all about me. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

did she make it back in time?