Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Two Hours

You can do a lot in two hours. I mean....a lot. Today Dakota's mom came over to hang out with the kids to give me a much needed sanity break from my life. (She is planning to make this a weekly thing and I am sooooo excited about that! I love my kids but wowsa. A mom needs some time off every now and again.) I had up to two hours of free time!

Blissful free time.

And not a darn thing to do. Hmmmm.....

I made a quick stop in someplace I knew a friend would be and we chatted for a few minutes and then I drove over to the church where the kids will be attending vacation bible school next week to see about picking up a registration form for Miss. Kaylen (who, after weeks of saying she was sure that she didn't not want to go, changed her mind two days ago. Luckily there is still a spot and they are holding it for her.). The parking lot was empty so I knew the office staff were gone. Bummer. No big deal really since I had no other place to be. :)

Then I drove over to WalMart because - heck.....I was child free and running to the grocery store kid-free felt a little bit decadent (I'm telling - I rarely go anywhere without them). I wandered around and picked up things we were needing. I even had time and brain power (since it wasn't being sicked up with "Stop it! Stay with the cart. No...put that back. STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER!") to figure out something for dinner and pick up the items needed. WoooHoooo!!! It's the little things, you know. I even ran into a friend and set up a play date for tomorrow.

I spent about an hour there and then headed home. Dakota called as I was on my way back out to the car and suggested I go someplace and use the rest of whatever time I had left. I decided I would go home early because coming back early is a good way to have grandma volunteer again - and soon! :)

I came home and visited a bit with Dakota's mom (who is an amazingly great person!) and, after sending her on her way, made lunch for the kids. After that - I plugged myself into Farm Town and worked on my imaginary farm for.....TWO HOURS!

It's an insane use of time. It really left me questioning why I am doing it but it sure didn't stop me from planting my entire farm (95% of it was harvested this morning which meant a lot of work to replant. This time I tried to stagger the days things will be ready for harvest. It's just too much to have it all come up on the same day.) and then ...oh you know....buying the bigger plot of land. Because I guess the land size I had just wasn't keeping me busy enough. Oy.

I don't know about this game. I really don't. I should have stayed away.

So that is how my day pretty much went. Well you know.....with the usual chores and karate lesson thrown in.

Farm Town. *shaking my head* I just don't know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day! And glad you got some good quality Farm Town time in too! ;) Jeri