Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Farm Town

Hi. My name is Casey and I am addicted to Farm Town on Facebook.

It isn't pretty people. Well - I take that back. My farm is pretty and I've gotten really good to plowing, planting and harvesting...it's just that today I became obsessed (and I should put that all in capitals) with getting my little farm house. It cost 300,000 coins which is no small potatoes (farm pun intended) and I have been working on my goal for two weeks now. I would come *this* close and then use my bankroll to finance more crops or bigger land...or both. Today I decided; no more. I was going to get that house so I could (maybe) stop being so obsessed with it.

After my crop of peas came in I was 25,000 coins away from my goal so I started working the marketplace to see if another farmer would hire me to harvest (you get more coins for your crops if you hire someone else to harvest them for you plus the person who is hired earns between 25-50% of the overall profit of the crops they harvested). I worked and worked and worked and the Farm Town server did not help me. It kept disconnecting which means I would have to go back to the marketplace and try to get another job. But finally....oh but finally! I had enough for the much desired farm house. I even had 2,400 coins left over which is good because my crop status is sad. (And the state of my real house is pretty sad too since I left the kids to their own devices while I played.)

A minor freak out happened when I bought the house and put it on my land. It disappeared. PANIC!!! I just couldn't figure out what happened and frankly, I was near hysteria (12 step program here I come!). It has taken me hours of playing time to earn that house. I finally called my friend who, between fits of laughter and saying "I love you! You are just like me with this game!" she hit on the idea of "Are buildings hidden in your preferences?" YES YES YES! The last harvest I did I had to hide the person's barn so I could get to the trees. I clicked on unhide and PRESTO! MY HOUSE!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have the farm house. And I can't begin to tell you how ridiculous that makes me feel. :)

I'm down to a mere 606 coins until my crops are ready for harvesting. Maybe now I can walk away from the computer for a few hours. :)

On a non-farm related note though: the kids started swimming lessons yesterday afternoon. Kelton is going to do well and the jury is still out for Kaylen. She has been so, so excited for weeks now but when they called her name she tensed up a bit but still went. Unfortunately there were two little boys in her class that had complete meltdowns and I could see it getting her more and more upset. She lost it but her teachers (bless them!) talked with her and calmed her down and she continued with the lesson. She isn't really talking about swimming with me which tells me that she has some trauma over it and is trying to work through it. Time will tell if she gets back in the pool tomorrow.

Here's hoping! :)

5 comments:

Caroline said...

You crack me up Casey. I wish I could help you with your addiction, but I kind of have one myself. Although....I have been on "vacation" for the last week from farming. Right before my test I decided to take a break and I haven't made it back yet.

Oh, and I would have totally freaked out if I had bought a house and it disappeared. Your friend is smart because I would have forgotten about being able to hide buildings.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I have never played and now I am afraid to! I might be addicted as well!

Heidi

A Jersey Girl said...

Seriously, this game is BAD!!!! I am as hooked as you! I actually told Maggie that she needed to wait for me to get her a drink until I was done planting my strawberries!!!!

Bad I tell you:) We are going to need a 12 step program!

Emily

Unknown said...

My name is Jeri and I am addicted to Farm Town!

LOVE your post, and I am still giggling!

Tanya said...

LOL! So did you stop playing for awhile, or is there a new goal? Should a 3yr old even know the word harvest? lol